Interested in becoming a registered license-not-required (RLNR) child care provider?
RLNR child care providers may care for up to two children in their home, in addition to their own children. By registering with a Child Care Resource and Referral program, RLNR child care providers can access support, information, training, and resources to enhance the quality of their child care program. For more detailed information about the benefits of registration, check the list of services for care providers.
Registration requirements* include:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Criminal record checks for everyone over the age of 12 years of age living in the home (CCRR consultant will provide applicable forms)
- Provide a valid first aid certificate
- Completion of a Self-Evaluation
- Complete a Provider Interview
- Provide three character references (CCRR consultant will provide forms)
- Provide Health Reference (CCRR consultant will provide form)
- Undergo a Health and Safety Home Assessment
- Complete Family Child Care Course or equivalent (a minimum of 20 hours of training) before or within one year of becoming registered
- Attend a minimum of two workshops of continuing professional development per year after the registration year
To initiate the registration process, please contact:
Erin Holler, Sooke CCRR Consultant at email@example.com / 250-642-5152
Sharon McIntosh, Westshore CCRR Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org / 250-391-4324
* Please note: If you have financial barriers to meeting some of the requirements, please inquire about assistance during your initial meeting with a Child Care Consultant.